Rainwater harvesting is the process of capturing rainwater in a holding tank from the roof and re-using it for household and commercial applications such as garden irrigation, flushing toilets etc. Rainwater should not be used for drinking water, preparation of food etc.
Rainwater is a valuable source of water supply and aids in the reduction of potable water usage.
Additionally, water charges are being rolled in across Ireland and rainwater harvesting is a means of controlling water costs.
Advantages of the CMD Galaxy System
Rainwater Harvesting – Advantages
- Helps the environment – water conservation as we use more and more water every year. Reduces water bills. Rainwater is a natural resource.
- Meets new council requirements – where every town and city planning applications show a storm water management plan.
- Softer water – up to 50% less detergents used in washing machines and car wash facilities with equipment having a longer life span.
- Takes pressure off bore holes and wells with poor supplies.
- Much better for irrigation for garden centres, fruit production and home irrigation.
- No costly water treatment equipment needed (soft water)
What You Get:
- Concrete Water Tank – 4000 litres upwards
- Preliminary Cleaning Filter (1) with sediment outflow
- Calmed Inlet (2) – reduces sediment disruption
- Overflow Siphon (4) -removes any material which floats on top of the water to a soak hole
- Top up Valve (6) – if the tank empties below 600mm this valve opens to keep water at this level from the mains
- Submersible Pump (7)- up to 4 bar pressure with up to 50 mtrs head
- Floating Intake (3) – takes water from middle of the tank which is the cleanest water
- Ultra Violet Light – optional at extra cost – disinfects the water
- Final Sediment Filter – optional at extra cost – removes sediment